Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: realtime dumpcap capability

From: Dario Lombardo <lomato () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2019 21:05:48 +0100

Hi Marty
Did you try nflog/nfqueue interface? If that is not fast enough (I haven't
done any comparison), I'd suggest you to have a look at ntop projects (like
n2disk). It basically depends if you want to high speed capture or
dissection. If you can capture and analyze later, have a look at this
extcap module (ntop peoject) that leverages n2disk for running wireshark on
the db it creates.

https://github.com/ntop/n2disk/tree/master/wireshark/extcap