Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Missing dumpcap when building 3.1.1

From: Roland Knall <rknall () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 15:22:32 +0100

You have to build all projects in Visual Studio or on the console “make all” for instance. Also make sure, that libpcap
is installed and can be found.

Regards

Am 29.11.2019 um 15:04 schrieb Tom Bentley <t.j.bentley () gmail com>:

Hi,

I downloaded and built wireshark 3.1.1 from the website. When I run/wireshark the gui appears, but there in the
"Capture" pane it says "No interfaces found". Furthermore (maybe related, maybe not) I had expected `dumpcap` to be
in the run directory, but it's missing). So I'm wondering how I managed to mess up the build and what I need to do to
fix it.

Many thanks,

Tom