Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Problems building under Windows 10

From: Roland Knall <rknall () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2019 08:00:54 +0100

Do you execute canoe from a Visual Studio Commandprompt? I recently tried it and it works fine.

Cheers

Am 13.11.2019 um 02:52 schrieb Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com>:

Hi folks,

I think I have followed the instructions at
https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSetupWin32.html

I have VS2019 Community and can run up the UI with no problems.

However, when I try to run cmake I get the following error. Does
anyone know the solution?

C:\Development\wsbuild64>cmake -G "Visual Studio 16 2019" -A x64
C:\Users\Richard.Sharpe.A00187\source\repos\wireshark
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:29 (project):
 Generator

   Visual Studio 16 2019

 could not find any instance of Visual Studio.