Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Migrate to GitLab?

From: Graham Bloice <graham.bloice () trihedral com>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 11:09:07 +0100

As one who has never used GitLab, I'm uncertain about the changes.
To educate me can anyone point to an instance of a merge commit in another
project?

If I understand them correctly (which might not be true) then I'm a -2 for
merge commits.  I really do NOT want to see master commit history polluted
with the details of the sausage making, just the effective change.

To clarify discussion on this I would like to see detailed workflows of
both approaches (ff only and merge commits), i.e. intial change creation,
amendment, approval and merge to master, along with any tooling (e.g.
similar to git-review) that makes the process easier.

When we have the workflows laid out then we then have a basis for
discussion as to which fits the project needs better.

On Sat, 12 Oct 2019 at 02:28, João Valverde <