Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: GitLab migration update

From: Dario Lombardo <lomato () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2020 10:31:04 +0200

On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 11:57 PM Peter Wu <peter () lekensteyn nl> wrote:

On Sun, Apr 05, 2020 at 01:10:37AM +0200, Dario Lombardo wrote:
However, I logged in in via github and then connected my google account,
but no projects show up. Maybe the project has been set up as "private"
(explicit allowance) instead of "internal" (implicit for logged users).

The project is public, you can access it even when not logged in:
https://gitlab-test.wireshark.org/wireshark/wireshark

Yes, but I guess we should be added as internal developers to the project.
This way the project will show up in my projects list and I will be able to
merge the MR (I'm talking about the regular operations).

GitLab CI is not enabled however because no runners are configured.
This is one downside of self-hosted GitLab, see

https://gitlab.com/wireshark/gitlab-migration/-/wikis/SaaS-or-Self-Managed%3F

If we want to test the whole stack, without using more machines, the
gitlab-runner can be installed on the same machine as gitlab itself. Not
optimal, but functional.

--
Kind regards,
Peter Wu