Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: The QT-5.15 disaster and an issue with multi-monitor setups, Windows and Wireshark

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2020 17:00:40 -0700

On Aug 28, 2020, at 8:21 AM, Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com> wrote:

I just came across this article:

https://linuxreviews.org/The_Qt_5.15_Disaster_On_Multi-Monitor_Setups

What it describes is similar to what I have seen from time to time
with Wireshark (3.2.1 and earlier versions) where if Wireshark is on
my second monitor menu items will appear on the first monitor (and
other craziness can occur as well.)

Are these related at all? Do we plan to skip Qt 5.15?

This appears to be QTBUG-86067:

        https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-86067