Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: proto_item_get_display_repr ignoring time zone

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2020 20:58:08 +0200

That smells like a bug to me.

On 23 Jul 2020, at 18:33, Thomas Wiens <th.wiens () gmx de> wrote:

Hi,

I've noticed that when I add a timestamp in UTC time zone
(ABSOLUTE_TIME_UTC) to the tree with proto_tree_add_time() it's displayd
in UTC as expected. But when I get the string from this proto_item with
proto_item_get_display_repr() then I get local time instead.

I've digged a little bit into this and found in ftype-time.c:

absolute_val_to_repr(fvalue_t *fv, ftrepr_t rtype, int field_display
_U_, char *buf, unsigned int size)

that field_display is not used (which would contain ABSOLUTE_TIME_UCT).
Instead it's set to ABSOLUTE_TIME_LOCAL, same in absolute_val_repr_len().

Is there a good reason for this or a bug?

--
Cheers,

Thomas Wiens