Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Tshark closing unexpectedly due to failure reading from file

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 03:11:27 -0800

On Nov 19, 2020, at 12:37 AM, James Ko <jck () exegin com> wrote:

@Guy.  This is on ubuntu linux distribution.  I'm using Xubuntu 18.04LTS and I believe Alastair is on Ubuntu 16.04LTS.
Assuming the buffer/page/disk cache is not doing the right thing

I would not make that assumption; as I said, "If this is on UN*X, that would be an issue only if your UN*X is really
stupid about managing the buffer/page cache.  I know of no UN*Xes where that's the case.", and, as far as I know, Linux
is not stupid about managing the buffer/page cache - I know of *no* UN*Xes that are that stupid about managing the
buffer/page cache.