Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: About i18n Translation

From: Roland Knall <rknall () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 15:01:34 +0100

We currently have no system in place that would allow you to translate any texts coming from dissectors or anywhere out
of epan for that matter

Kind regards

Am 19.11.2020 um 14:54 schrieb qiangxiong.huang <qiangxiong.huang () qq com>:

HI, I have two questions about wireshark i18n:

1. Are the files *.po in debian/po only used in debian platform or all platforms (like windows)?
(If these *.po are used in all platforms, I think they can also be used to add new strings for title and description
preference in epan/dissectors/packet-xxx.c)

2. Do the projects in https://www.transifex.com/wireshark/wireshark/ still work like  "12.2.4.5. Internationalization
and Translation" of https://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChUIQt.html#_source_code_overview says, **each
week** translations are automatically synchronized with the source code?

Regards,
Huang Qiangxiong