Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Managing Gitlab Issues

From: Dario Lombardo <lomato () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2020 14:59:14 +0200

On Fri, Sep 4, 2020 at 1:12 PM Uli Heilmeier <zeugs () heilmeier eu> wrote:

Hi list,

I’ve tried to update the instructions to report an issue (fka bug) in the
wiki [1].

There are some things we need to sort out. (Maybe this has already been
done on the core list.)

* Do we want to have labels to mark the status of an issue? With Bugzilla
we had Confirmed, Incomplete, In Progress etc. I would like to have labels
for status additionally to the existing labels.

Personally I don't like this. Labels are best to mark the issues as
belonging to a component, a version and so on. I don't see the need to
stick with gerrit's model, unless we really like it. Again, personally I
liked gerrit's labels, but I won't miss it, and I think that model can be
left behind.

* Who should be able to edit issues (e.g. adding labels)? According to
Gitlab documentation [2] the Reporter role can do it. However the Reporter
role also allows to see issues which are marked as confidentially.

I'm not sure I got your point. Just a few people (not including the whole
core-dev group) have internal access to the project. Just Gerald and a few
have. Other code-devs are in a group allowed to merge, but they're not
project members. How would you leverage the confidentiality feature?

* It would make sense to have templates for issues [3]. Has anyone already
prepared this? Otherwise I will create one and submit a MR?

This would help for sure. Please submit a MR for that.