Wireshark mailing list archives

Updating Migration from Gerrit Issue

From: Jamie Hare <jamie.n.hare () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2020 13:18:56 -0400

Hello,

I am having some git issues when trying to update my change that I migrated
from Gerrit. It failed the pipeline so I made some changes but I keep
getting errors from git. I've been trying to figure it out for a few days
and I am not sure what the issue is.

I get
To gitlab.com:jamienhare/wireshark.git
 ! [rejected]              HEAD -> ippusb-protocol (non-fast-forward)
error: failed to push some refs to 'git () gitlab com:jamienhare/wireshark.git'
hint: Updates were rejected because the tip of your current branch is behind
hint: its remote counterpart. Integrate the remote changes (e.g.
hint: 'git pull ...') before pushing again.
hint: See the 'Note about fast-forwards' in 'git push --help' for details.

but when I try to pull it says that it is up to date. I tried to pull
upstream into my master and then rebase on top of that so I have the newest
changes, and it will say I am 1 commit ahead of upstream and no commits
behind but whenever I try to push it still has this issue. I even tried
resetting all of my changes and starting from where I was 5 days ago and I
was able to push it correctly to see if it was my new changes, but that
also doesn't work.

Best,
Jamie