Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How to build the simple ASN.1 UDP-based dissector example (foo)

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2021 16:40:24 -0700

On Apr 13, 2021, at 9:21 AM, Pascal Quantin <pascal () wireshark org> wrote:

13 avr. 2021 17:36:20 John Thacker <johnthacker () gmail com>:

Depending on your build system, the other ASN.1 dissectors can be regenerated with either

ninja asn1
  Or
make asn1

without starting the full build process.

Those commands will regenerate all the ASN.1 dissectors.

At least on my Mac, "ninja asn1" did "regenerate" them all (making no changes, according to "git status"), but when I
tried it again in the same build directory, Ninja said "ninja: no work to do."