Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How do I create a merge request for changes to get into the next 3.6.x release

From: Guy Harris <gharris () sonic net>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 22:30:50 -0800

On Dec 15, 2021, at 9:05 PM, Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe () gmail com> wrote:

I have submitted merge requests to fix some problems with the S1G
radiotap changes and would like to ensure they get into the next 3.6.x
release because there are now chipsets and adapters shipping with S1G
(Halow) support.

So, what sort of merge requests do I need to create?

Cherry-picks, once the merge request to the main branch is merged.

For example, for

        https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/merge_requests/5442

you'd click on 2b2c81a5 in "Detached merge request pipeline #429891703 passed for 2b2c81a5 23 hours ago", which takes
you to

        https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/commit/2b2c81a551cf6e300578c48afec3e2589910b23b

which is the page for the commit.  Click on "Options" in the upper-right corner and select "Cherry pick", and cherry
pick it to the release-3.6 branch.

If the cherry-pick cannot be done automatically, you'll have to do it by hand, in a tree checked out with the
release-3.6 branch.  Do the cherry pick - if you're doing it from the command line, do it with "git cherry-pick -x" to
include the "Cherry-picked from" text - and fix whatever needs to be fixed before committing.