Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: tsharkd: possible to start capture ?

From: Uli Heilmeier <zeugs () heilmeier eu>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2021 21:59:42 +0100

I see the list of available commands here:
https://wiki.wireshark.org/sharkd-JSON-RPC-Request-Syntax.md#status >
which is very cool but they only refer to loaded files, not live
analysis ? is that possible ? how hard would it be ?

Sharkd doesn't support starting/stopping a live capture at the moment.

NB: I've tried to go on irc (freenode) but #wireshark seemed awfully
quiet (~20 persons and no official topic) Same on libra. I couldn't
find any mention of the wireshark IRC channel on the wiki/website even
though I've used it several times in the past and it was quite
helpful. Has it moved somewhere else ? matrix maybe (please let it be
matrix :) ) ? Did I miss a reference somewhere ?

There is no "official" IRC channel. The existing one has "moved" to Libera (s. also https://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/202106/msg00041.html).

For questions there is https://ask.wireshark.org. Maybe there will be a "official" Discord server in the "future".

Cheers
Uli