Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Submitting Replacement Code

From: Paul Offord <paul.offord58 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2021 20:28:48 +0000

Thanks Pascal

Sent from my iPad

On 10 Feb 2021, at 17:40, Pascal Quantin <pascal () wireshark org> wrote:

Hi Paul,

Le mer. 10 févr. 2021 à 18:37, Paul Offord <paul.offord58 () gmail com> a écrit :
Hi,

I need some GitLab guidance.  The procedure for submitting code is:
Commit code changes to the local copy of my personal Wireshark repo
Push the changes to my upstream personal repo
Press the "Create merge request" button
Let's imagine that my code fails in the pipeline tests (mine often does :-( ).  Should I close the original merge
request or does my later push of revised code simply reactivate the original Merge request?

As explained in https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/wikis/Development/SubmittingPatches, you can amend your
change and do a 'git push downstream +HEAD' to force an update of your branch. This will automatically update the
associated MR.

Best regards,
Pascal.