Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Blank Filter Result

From: Homayoon Alborzfard <halborzfard () rider edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 17:44:46 +0000

http (port 80). The web site is http, not https.

From: Wireshark-users <wireshark-users-bounces () wireshark org> on behalf of Gene Savage via Wireshark-users
<wireshark-users () wireshark org>
Date: Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 7:56 PM
To: Community support list for Wireshark <wireshark-users () wireshark org>
Cc: Gene Savage <gene.savage () yahoo com>
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-users] Blank Filter Result

port 80 or 443?

On Thursday, February 25, 2021, 04:35:17 PM MST, Alex Alborzfard <halborzfard () rider edu> wrote:

I'm having a really weird issue. I start the capture, visit a website, and go back to WS, stop the capture and Apply
Filter "http", but the result is blank: it doesn't show packets.
I've tried EVERYTHING: installed the latest version, different browsers (Chrome, IE), etc., but nothing works. It just
won't show any http traffic.
It works for other protocols, but just not for http.