Wireshark mailing list archives

kubernetes live tcpdump using wireshark

From: luke devon via Wireshark-users <wireshark-users () wireshark org>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 15:02:13 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,
I want to capture kubernetes live tcpdump using wireshark. My workstation is Windows 10.
from the Win 10 machine, I have access to kubernetes deploy nodes and control nodes. but the next layer, the PODs are
unable to access directly. So the requirement is , taking live wireshark traces of those PODs.
How can it be done? can we still use plink from the windows 10 machine?
As I think, we need to create a ssh tunnel in between control nodes and PODs. Is it possible to take traces without
making such changes for the cluster?
Win 10 --> Kubernetes Control node ---> PODs / Containers

Thanks in advance, Luke