Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: Sample of IAX2 with RTP

From: Jaap Keuter <jaap.keuter () xs4all nl>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2021 10:26:06 +0200 (CEST)

Hi,

Be very careful to not change any calculation made in accordance to RFC 3550.
People depend on these algorithms as well as the naming used.

Regards,
Jaap

Op 04-10-2021 21:08 schreef Jirka Novak <j.novak () netsystem cz>:

Hi,

  there is observed misbehaving in RTP jitter mean calculation
(https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/issues/17600). I'm going to
fix it.
  There is very similar code in IAX2 analysis and it looks there is same
issue too. I plan to fix it too, but I have no IAX2 sample with RTP to
verify it.
  Can I ask someone to publish short sample?

  I expect that sample will show forward and reverse stream in
Telephony->IAX2 Stream Analysis.
  Please, send it as response to this email or attach it to mentioned issue.

  If it will be permitted, I will publish it in sample library of Wireshark.

                                              Best regards,

                                                      Jirka Novak