Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: How to test legacy (glib-compat) code

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer () loplof de>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2021 19:20:13 +0200

On Wed, Oct 27, 2021 at 09:53:43AM -0700, Gerald Combs wrote:
The oldest version of GLib that we build with is 2.56.1 on the CentOS 7 builder:

CentOS 7       2.56.1

Is there any reason we shouldn't increase the minimum GLib version to 2.56 in the master and 3.6 branches? That would
mean that we no longer support RHEL 6, but it's currently in "extended life cycle support":
https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/errata

OK, that would be my preferred solution ;-)
While we are at it: Would it make sense to increase some other requirements?

In the meantime I will increase the compat test to something like 2.58 and see whether it compiles.

Thanks!
   Jörg

--
Joerg Mayer                                           <jmayer () loplof de>