Wireshark mailing list archives

Re: WSDG: "foo" protocol sample capture

From: chuck c <bubbasnmp () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2021 15:03:00 -0500

Could this be a "Dissectors 101" page on the Wiki Development page (
https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/wikis/Development)?
Protocol "foo" is probably deserving of a mini-RFC (complete with Ascii art
of the fields) and the text2pcap notes broken out as a real example of how
to use it.
Links to Graham, Roland, others? sharkfest presentations on dissecting data
could be added as references.

Thanks for the pcap!

On Mon, Oct 4, 2021 at 2:44 PM Maynard, Christopher via Wireshark-dev <