Wireshark mailing list archives

Please review MR 3448 to fix race condition in 17013

From: James Ko <jck () exegin com>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2021 08:45:55 -0700

Hi,

Capture pipe mode is something I use regularly and the race condition
identified in 17013 <https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/issues/17013>
of capture parent (wireshark/tshark) reading the capture file before the
source SHB is passed through dumpcap leads to empty captures which requires
restarting the capture in hopes of a successful start order.

Would a core dev be able to review my merge request so I know whether it's
an acceptable fix or I will need another solution?
https://gitlab.com/wireshark/wireshark/-/merge_requests/3448

Thanks,
James