Wireshark mailing list archives

Including sharkd in the installation downloads

From: Paul Offord <paul.offord58 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 22:55:08 +0000

Hi,

There is a tremendous push for automation at work, and I'm sure other
enterprises have the same aspirations.  Sharkd provides all the power of
Wireshark dissection and filtering in a way that can easily be driven by an
automation script.

It's quite difficult to get permission to instal Wireshark, and there is
zero chance of us being allowed to build a copy from source.  I'm sure
similar restrictions apply to many in large organisations.

Is it possible to include sharkd in the installers?

Best regards...Paul

--

Paul Offord