Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Wireless LAN Design at public places

From: "Jeremy Parr" <jspam () netbahamas com>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 15:34:21 -0500

www.mikrotik.com

----- Original Message -----
From: <Leonard.Ong () nokia com>
To: <security-basics () securityfocus com>
Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2002 11:09 PM
Subject: Wireless LAN Design at public places

Hi,

Anyone has URL or experiences at designing WLAN at public Places.  I would
like to replicate a good implementation, I've seen in one airport.  Once we
have joined the WLAN using auto-detect accesspoint, my notebook was assigned
IP address. However, even the next hop / default gateway is not reachable
(destination unreachable - ACL?) and so does any other services.

It is only when I have authenticate via webpage ( the browser redirects me
to the auth page, regardless whatever URL I have typed in ), then access is
allowed to any.

Thanks... I am particularly intrested on how you can block access even to
the def. gateway.

Regards,
Leonard Ong