Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Protect folder data.

From: "Byrne Ghavalas" <security () nscs uk com>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 10:57:26 -0000

Hi,

There have already been many excellent suggestions regarding this topic.

I just thought I'd make mention of another product to add to the mix:

SafeGuard PrivateCrypto
http://www.utimaco.com/privatecrypto/eng_privatecrypto.html

I don't personally use the product, but know a few people who do and are
quite happy with it.

It isn't opensource, but it is free for personal use.

As people have already mentioned - if anyone gains access to the machine,
the data could be at risk...

HTH

Byrne G