Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: [Re-post] Suggestions for basic software for security

From: "Kyle Lai, CISSP, CISA" <kyle () kylelai com>
Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 13:48:38 -0500

Free security software:

1. Anti-Trojan software.  Anti-Virus won't pick up some Trojans and hacker
tools.
You can download a free Anti-Trojan tool, Swat-It from www.lockdowncorp.com

2. Ad-Aware software.  Get rid of spyware or advertisement that are
installed on your system just by surfing on the web.
You can download the free Ad-Aware from www.ad-aware.com

3. Anti-Virus - free Anti-Virus is from the AVG Free Edition.  You get
updated virus definition too.
You can get this from www.grisoft.com.

/Kyle

Kyle Lai, CISSP, CISA