Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Local Windows Update?

From: ktyler () nautilus-ins com
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 12:07:37 -0700

Stephen,

You can disable that by deleting the jobs in the schedulers. You can
automate the deletions of those jobs via logon scripts also.

Keith

                      "Stephen C. Gay"

                      <sgay () ellijay com        To:       <security-basics () securityfocus com>

                      >                        cc:

                                               Subject:  Local Windows Update?

                      11/08/2002 07:18

                      AM

Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to redirect a client "Windows
Update" to a local server? I am not using Active Directory and am trying to
figure out how to keep 1500+ Win2000 Pro clients current with the latest
patches (without using the M$ update site).

Any info or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks - Stephen G.