Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Local Windows Update?

From: "* KAPIL *" <kapil () kapilville com>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2002 18:50:29 -0600

You could block access to MS Windows Update at your proxy
server/firewall. And then you could use IEAK to point the "Windows
Update" option on the toolbar in IE to a location on your LAN. You could
instruct your user base to visit the local update site once every so
often to make sure the client is patched up to date. Hope that helps!

-K

Stand Up For Free Speech
http://www.eff.org