Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Secure FTP Server Search

From: Glen Mehn <glen () myvest com>
Date: Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:10:51 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: IDS Guy [mailto:ids_guy () yahoo com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 12:55 PM
To: security-basics () securityfocus com
Subject: Secure FTP Server Search

Hello list,

I am looking for a secure FTP server which has less
vulnerabilities compared to IIS. Besides
functionality, it is important to be tightly secure &
not to have some vulnerabilities related with FTP
commands such as FTP PORT / SITE / NLIST.

Any recommedations & comments are wellcome.

I'm not sure if you want SFTP or a 'secure' ftp daemon.

If you want a plain old ftpd, then I've had good luck with pure-ftpd-- http://www.pureftpd.org. It specifically doesn't do all of the 'features' of ftp, but has all the basic functionality you'll need.

-g