Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Protect folder data.

From: Paulo Abrantes <pcma () mega ist utl pt>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2002 00:04:17 +0000

Go give a look at http://www.pgpi.org

Regards,

P. Abrantes

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 00:59:48 +0000
"Tony - CIA;CISA;CDP;CPA;MBA" <tony572000 () hotmail com> wrote:

Hi,

I have some highly confidential data that I frequently access on in a folder
that is on my desktop computer (ie win2k).  I want to make sure no one but
me will able to see this data.  Does anyone know of any freeware\shareware
that will 1) en-crypt the data in the folder and/or  2) require a password
to open up the folder?  I need to make sure a person like our lan admin or
desk top support person can not figure out a way to get to the data.

Tony CIA,CISA,CDP,MBA