Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Distributed Firewall

From: "Hannes Tschofenig" <Hannes.Tschofenig () siemens com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 18:03:52 +0200

hi all,

i agree with you david that it is certainly not a solution to all problems.
however, in some cases (or scenarios/environments) it could clearly provide
some help. at the bof angelos gave a good picture of what problems the ietf
working group would like to address.

installing firewalls at the end points, where most information (e.g.
application knowledge) is available, is frequently done today. in a
corporate network, however, you will always have some users which feel
unfamiliar with good firewall configuration. such an approach could help
them.

ciao
hanes