Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Hiding IP in E-Mail..

From: "Richard Parry" <richard () generic-edesign co uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2003 17:04:30 +0100

Mark,

The easiest way of doing this is to use a Proxy. I would look at using an
anonymous Proxy.

The mailserver will log the IP of the Proxy when you both send and receive
mail. If you are sending mail through a Proxy which is not on your ISP's
network then your mailserver may reject the email as the email will be
relayed through an IP (Proxy) which the mailserver will not allow (e.g.
open-relay prevention)

Richard