Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Exchange Server and External Access

From: "Nick Duda" <nduda () VistaPrint com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2003 12:15:22 -0400

I just implemented a similar solution here. I've upgraded my environment to enterprise edition, and made a front end
server behind the firewall. Allowed 80,443 to it. Require SSL, 128bit...etc Tighten the box down like crazy. Only issue
after the fact I found was I needed to tweak the URL filtering on iiscan. It was filtering some silly stuff. I have a
whitepaper on this (although not to difficult to setup out of the box).

- Nick