Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: locked out of XP, need file access

From: "Adam Hawliczek" <quoza () wp pl>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 22:53:49 +0100

Damn,... I think i need to agree with both of You ...
I just cannot imagine to just "forget" my pass ... or to remember just 2
letters ... but if it's true ... Get yourself Johnny the Ripper ... Create a
possible word list launch it and viola ... There's also an option of system
recovery console , which you should have on XPcd (a little :-) M$ bug ..)
and there is also a possibility that you didn't change pass for built-in
admin account.if you didnt launch it in a emergency and log as a
admin(supervisor or whatever..) but if it's YOUR computer you shuldn't have
any problems of making those things ... and if it's not yours you should
learn many things before starting such thigs ...

Please forgive me my poor english .. I'll improove it in some time ...