Security Basics mailing list archives

Question about remote access to the registry

From: "Chris @*_*@" <chrissiek () grilled-cheese org>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 21:12:39 -0500

Hello,

I'm doing a paper on remotely accessing the registry (which was number 9 last year in the top 20 vulnerabilities). What I would like to know is does anyone know of a good page that tells of the problems for someone remotely accessing the registry of a windows computer? Or how easily it can be done and how it was discovered. (it's for Win9x, CE, NT, 2000, ME and XP) I found some articles on the old deja archive and dated it back to 1996/1997 with the problem. However, I'm trying to describe the problem and don't think I have a complete feel for it. :(

Any resources would be appreciated.

Thanks. :)
Chris.