Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: VNC

From: tony tony <tonytorri () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:07:39 -0800 (PST)

We are starting to use gotomypc as a replacement for our checkpoint vpn.  See
article:

http://www.nwfusion.com/net.worker/columnists/2001/0820kistner.html

--- Marty <marti () videotron ca> wrote:
Hi,

I remember inquiring last year about VNC as a network remote control
solution. Sincere thanks to all those that answered. We stopped the VNC
implementation after reading about all the risks related to the product.

Our tech people are coming back and charging... again.

My question is simple is the latest version of VNC better than the
previous ones and should we allow our tech group to use it to take
control of our machines (servers and workstations)...

---

:-)

Merci

Marty!