Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Critical/Security Updates as well as other Patch Management

From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <GSullivan () DavidClark com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 14:59:49 -0500

Not exactly... my SUS server downloads each new patch to it's own hard
drive.  Then I test the patches with my "beta" group, and assuming all is
well, make them available to the rest of the machines.

My workstations never converse, either directly or through proxy, to the
Windows Update servers.  Only one machine ever does that, the SUS server.

Has your experience been different?

Glenn Sullivan, MCSE+I  MCDBA
David Clark Company Inc.