Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Linux for newbies

From: Brian Jones <brian () slowbox com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 13:15:28 -0600

On Thursday 13 November 2003 04:22 pm, Matt Atkins wrote:

In my first of many posts, I would like to ask the group what flavor of
Linux is recommended for a newbie.

Mandrake and Red Hat are the most newbie friendly IMHO but I think that
Mandrake has better HW detection.

I will probably be purchasing a
book or 2 to help get things off the ground, so a good book recommendation
would also be appreciated.

Running Linux by O reilly is a good book.
HTH.
--
Brian
Registered Linux user #323911. http://counter.li.org

Forum Systems PRESIDIO: PGP / XML GATEWAY APPLIANCE
The Presidio integrates PGP data encryption and XML Web Services security to
simplify the management and deployment of PGP and reduce overall PGP costs
by up to 80%.
FREE WHITEPAPER & 30 Day Trial -
http://www.securityfocus.com/sponsor/ForumSystems_security-basics_031027