Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: arpwatch

From: "Zachary Mutrux" <zmutrux () compumentor org>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 08:59:18 -0700

I think zidan's question is not "what does arpwatch do?", but "how can I
intercept arp traffic when my network is switched?" Read more carefully
before unleashing the rant, J.

zidan, find the documentation for your switch and see if it has a monitoring
port that receives all traffic. On better switches you can even define which
port is the monitoring port.

Zac