Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: arpwatch

From: Mikkel Christensen <mike () unifix org>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 15:32:23 +0200

Arp requests are broadcasted, your tcpip stack is shouting out (Who has ip x.x.x.x) and the other end shouts back (i
have and i am xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx)
these informations are by defination broadcasted. I gues its to allow other hosts to lisent for the arp packets and
buffer them to faster lookup IP's.

   mike

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 09:33:00 -0800