Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: File Encryption - Laptop

From: "Brian G." <brian () fireflydigitalmedia com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 23:41:50 -0400

Well, First, I wouldn't use 98 on anything secure. Period.
Second, Windows 2000 has Encrypted File System built in. You could use PGP for
extra security.

http://pgp.com/index.html

Quoting Ethan Harris <harris_ethan () hotmail com>:

 Hi all,

 I'm fairly new to the secuirty world, but have been recently asked by my
 company to find a product that will be able encrypt files on a PC (mostly
 Win98 and Win2k based), especially on laptops.  They want an extra layer of
 security in case any of these machines get stolen.  Thanks in advance for the
 input.

 Captus Networks
 Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster?
  - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
  - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security
  - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
 FIND OUT NOW -  FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit
 http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm

--
Brian G.
Firefly Digital Media