Security Basics mailing list archives

Re:Enterprise AV

From: "wladas.meskelis" <wladas.meskelis () uol com br>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 21:38:39 -0300

Recently i have deployed the Trend Micro solution in my
company, and here are some facts:

- Except for the Servers (Windows and Exchange) machines,
every other machine using W2K was installed remotely. Trend
has a tool wich scans your network for unprotected machines,
uninstall the currently antivirus (in my case McAfee Viruscan)
successfully (ive heard about some problems doing it with
Norton AV) and installs the Trend AV.
- It supports Win95, win98, WinNT, W2k, W2k3 and linux;
- Excellent to manage, using an Web Browser to control it
completely;
- It is cheaper than Norton and McAfee;

Regards, Wladas E. Meskelis

Does anyone have any recent experience deploying one of the
major AV tools
(McAfee ePO, Symatec Enterprise Manager, SOPHOS SAV, or othe
r?) to an
enterprise?  I am currently evaluating several of these prod
ucts and would
like to hear how others are managing.

In particular I am concerned with, ease of deployment, usefu
lness of 'out of
box' reporting, multi-platform support (winA-
winZ only), unexpected
problems, and of course costs.  Any experience or words of a
dvice would be
appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason Burzenski

---------------
Captus Networks
Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster?
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
 - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
FIND OUT NOW -  FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit
http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm

---
AntiPop-up UOL - É grátis!
http://antipopup.uol.com.br