Security Basics mailing list archives

critical windows server services

From: jay lentz <jay.lentz () americredit com>
Date: 17 Sep 2003 15:08:52 -0000

Anyone know what the most critical windows 2000 server services and processes are to monitor? Except for any
applications installed, and not being an IIs server, or Exchange and so on,  what tells me that my windows 2000 server
is up and running? Is there any Microsoft best practice? I cannot find anything when I google? Thanks.

Captus Networks
Are you prepared for the next Sobig & Blaster?
 - Instantly Stop DoS/DDoS Attacks, Worms & Port Scans
 - Precisely Define and Implement Network Security
 - Automatically Control P2P, IM and Spam Traffic
FIND OUT NOW -  FREE Vulnerability Assessment Toolkit
http://www.captusnetworks.com/ads/42.htm