Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: switched n/w

From: Grim <nospam () nospam com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 11:15:52 +0000

Hi,

A switched network is not secure and is vulnerable to an man in the middle attack using arp packets to both the victim and switch to cause all packets between the two to be routed through the attackers computer. You could use a tool, called arpwatch I think, to monitor for this sort of activity. Google will help you here. Try searching for ettercap too.

Regards,

G.