Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Hidden windows ports, files and services.

From: "Beauford, Jason" <jbeauford () EightInOnePet com>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 16:46:08 -0500

A really nice tool is
http://www.winsite.com/info/pc/win95/desktop/hidewndw.zip/

It will show any hidden windows.  I realize it's not the port scanner
you're looking for but its good for detecting these kinds of things.

Regarding your port issue:  I have no idea if this gets any deeper than
netstat, but it looked interesting:  http://www.freshsw.com/xns/

There's this:  http://www.foundstone.com/resources/proddesc/vision.htm

That's all I got for now.

JMB