Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: security advice

From: "Jean-Paul Baillon" <JPBaillon () ContentWise com au>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 14:06:48 +1100

I wouldn't bother doing the NAT thing on the server and the proxy, well
you can really go without that too. My advice to you would be to get a
firewall ASAP to secure the network from online threats. CheckPoint have
a small box that will do just that.

http://www.checkpoint.com/products/smallbusiness/safe () office html

The Safe@Office 110 also has VPN functionality for remote access or
site-to-site VPN. Very easy to config via browser. This one would be
best suited to your scenario.

Also to save the bandwith Microsoft have Software Update Services

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserversystem/sus/default.mspx

Once the server has been set up it downloads the updates and stores them
for distribution to the client computers at a specified date.

I hope this is of some value to you
J-P