Security Basics mailing list archives

OpenSSH on Solaris 2.6 / 7

From: "Rusnac, Claudiu" <claudiu.rusnac () office xerox com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 16:29:30 -0800

Hello All,

I am not sure if this is a correct forum to ask this question be but here it is:

I am running OpenSSH_3.7.1p2, SSH protocols 1.5/2.0, OpenSSL 0.9.7c 30 Sep 2003 on Solaris 2.6 / 7 platforms. My issue
is when users attempt to login with a password that is expired they get a [access denied].  When the password is reset
they are able to login just fine.  Does anyone have any idea why this would be happening or does anyone have any
insight on why this would be happing?  I would like to correct this problem.

Thank you in advance for your input.

_______________________________
Claudiu Rusnac
XEROX The Document Company
Information Security

PGP Fingerprint: 48C7 A2D6 5820 8C6C 5DC6  968A 3747 1C18 B321 74D6

This message and any appended documentation is proprietary and confidential to Xerox Corporation and is intended only
for the use of the intended recipient(s). These items may not be disclosed to third parties without the prior written
permission of Xerox Corporation. If you are not the intended recipient, delete this message and its contents from your
system. Copyright (c) 2003, Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html