Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: Patch Mgmt. - MS SMS Installer - Embedding Logon Credentials

From: "Rod Trent" <rodtrent () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:28:47 -0500

No...you never want to repackage an app like a hotfix or patch with SMS
Installer.  Yes, SMS Installer is a versatile tool and can repackage
applications for deployment using SMS, but there are certain things you will
not want to package with it.

Look for the Microsoft SMS Installer book on Amazon.com for a good
reference, and look at myITforum.com for a web resource.