Security Basics mailing list archives

Re: Re: is this real?

From: <c.wuck () chello nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:15:13 +0100

van: Security Zone <seczone () i-nfinity com>
datum: 2004/03/16 di PM 07:34:22 CET
aan: Michael Weber <mweber () hitwin com>
cc: security-basics () securityfocus com
onderwerp: Re: is this real?

Hi Security Zone,

Try and update nmap to current version (should be 3.50).

Why should he update nmap? He did not report having trouble with it. As a matter of fact, he succesfully managed to
scan a Korean IP with it. Or is nmap 3.50 able to see for sure wether an IP is a honeypot or not?

 - wuck

Ethical Hacking at the InfoSec Institute. Mention this ad and get $545 off
any course! All of our class sizes are guaranteed to be 10 students or less
to facilitate one-on-one interaction with one of our expert instructors.
Attend a course taught by an expert instructor with years of in-the-field
pen testing experience in our state of the art hacking lab. Master the skills
of an Ethical Hacker to better assess the security of your organization.
Visit us at:
http://www.infosecinstitute.com/courses/ethical_hacking_training.html