Security Basics mailing list archives

RE: PGP & Outlook

From: "Adams, Scott C" <scadams () indiana edu>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:12:16 -0500

Assuming you are using Windows 2000 or Windows XP and your user profiles
are in a non-PGP encrypted area.

You will need to go into your Folder Options --> View---> and then
enable "Show Hidden Files and Folders"

Then traverse through your C:\Documents and Settings profiles.  Each one
should have both a hidden Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder which will contain your archive or .pst
files and will also contain your IMAP data if you are using IMAP instead
of Exchange.  You will also find a hidden Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook folder within the Windows profile which contains
various setting files.

You can move your .pst file anywhere and just set the "Autoarchive" or
the manual archive to point to it.  For personal folders which also use
the .pst format, you can manually enter the path in the setup.

I doubt you can do any re-directing of the setup files and you likely
will not be able to host your Windows profiles on a PGP disk either.

Hopefully this moves you in the right direction though.

Scott C. Adams
IT Security Analyst - Technical Service Team
College IT Office
Indiana University
Bloomington, IN 47405