Security Basics mailing list archives

PGP & Outlook

From: "William Farren" <billsbills () sbcglobal net>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 12:38:28 -0400

Hello,

I'm a novice at the security issues, but security is very important to my
company. I currently have a PGP encrypted disk on a local computer and I
want to make sure the Outlook e-mail and contacts lists are on it and
encrypted when the disk is not mounted. I have dragged the outlook folder
onto the drive, but I can still get into it even when the disk is not
mounted. Something must be hidden away elsewhere on the computer but I can't
find it. Microsoft is no help on this, of course. Nor can I find any
references to Outlook on the PGP help files.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can provide.

William F. Farren
My Accountant, Inc.
100 Technology Drive
Trumbull, CT 06611